I am wanting to start a boutique ...? Please help?

I am interested im starting a boutique for children and women. I don’t know where to begin besides getting an LLC. Where do I find the best quality vendors and how do they work? Also is there any self help websites or tutorials that I can follow to help me with start up and pricing. That’s in advance!

I want to start off with an online store. From there the goal is to eventually move into a store. 

My target audience is to sell clothing and accessories to women of all sizes

And children of both genders & ages. 

Where to begin... Begin where it doesn't cost you a fortune. Build a website. Upload images and ask your friends & family to "shop" there. 

Gather their feedback and improve navigation and/or what you offer. 

What websites do you like for your shopping experience? Use it as a guide and make it better.

Why an LLC? You don't understand what it is or how it works.

If the first thing you do in starting a business is to ask a bunch of clueless anonymous Yahoos on an internet message board how to do it, you've failed already. Save your money.

That is one of the most competitive areas there are. You can buy clothes anywhere, so you have to be different in some way to get noticed. Study it, learn, watch tutorials and find out all you can. Look at wholesale prices on Alibaba. Go to boutiques online and look at their prices. Find out about drop-shipping. Calculate your inventory costs. 

Then I bet you will change your mind. 

Read the articles about starting businesses on websites like Entrepreneur and Excellence-Success.

And like everybody else says...learn how to write a business plan because that is the only way you will get the funds to succeed.

You don't' have enough info here. Is this a brick and mortar store? An online store?  Do you have any idea what products you WANT to sell?  Your info is too vague to give you any advice.

You don't seem to have a firm plan at all. That's not a good sign. Anyone who wants to start a business needs to have one. Forget the LLC. You don't need that until you get a plan in place. You may not need one at all. 

Contact your local Small Business Administration. They have plenty of advice for first-time business-owners and founders. There are some online classes you can take too. 

https://www.sba.gov/course/

• John

If you haven't worked in clothing, preferably in management, you have little hope of success. Without at least $50,000 you have no chance. You will have to pay cash for inventory for a few years, and then there is all the rest. I spent $30,000 the first month in my business, and that was 37 years ago.

First step is to contact your local SBA office.  Talk to SCORE too. 

• Jay

Yes.  There are tutorials.  You cab take a class at your community college for that.  

Better: Go to the library and get a college level book on business and read it, twice.You really need a business plan BEFORE you start... or your business will fail.You can always hire a lawyer or CPA to make a business plan for you...but that will cost you their hourly rate...and ..considering that they will charge you for 20 to 30 hours of work...and both lawyers and CPA's charge more than $100. per hour....you are looking at a lot of money spent just to help you decide if you want to do it.Maybe you should either  get a job at a boutique and work there for a year...or ask various shop owners if you can see...and make copies of their business plans so you can read them and learn what to do.And you may not want it to be an LLC.  You may want an LP, LLP, or to even be an S-Corp.Start with a solid business plan.

First, do you have all the money you need for premises and stock? That will be a huge amount of money. Consider trying to find a job with a  larger store to learn the business.

You must not have noticed retailers dropping like flys. You just want to lose money?