Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 4 weeks ago

Should I get an abortion?

I’m 22 years of age. I already have a son he’s 2 Years old. An the best thing to ever happen to me. I’ve recently just got out of a domestic violence situation an I have found out I’m pregnant to him. I’m only about 4 weeks but it pains me to think I have to make a decision to either get rid of the child or have the baby. It breaks my heart to think about getting rid of this baby because of how much I love and adore my son I know I would be the same with this child. But on the other hand I have just gotten away from the person who scares me most an to think of having another child with him scares me because I would never want him to know. It also scares me that I won’t be able to give my son the time he needs at the moment and all the love and comfort as he’s gone through a lot to with the relationship I was in. Am I a bad person if I Get an abortion? Will I be punished in the future not being able to have another baby because I had an abortion? I know this will break my heart but I honestly have no idea what to do....

Yes.  Stop getting PG out of wedlock.   Get married first.

I usually don't say abort and I'm not telling you to do that. But really think about your decision. If you're afraid for your life and don't want any part of that person then you do what's best for you and your two year old son. I understand leaving with an abusive person can take a toll on someone. If you feel like you can provide for that child without him interfering in your life and you have that emotional support from your family. Then have it. Children are a blessing. This is a difficult situation and I don't personally know you to tell you what to do, I'm praying that you make the best decision for you. 

You should put the baby up for adoption... and have your attorney make it clear to the adoptive parents that this will be a CLOSED adoption, and that you do NOT under any circumstances wish to be contacted by the child once he or she is of legal age. And then I would change your name, your son's name, and MOVE elsewhere once the baby is born. You need to get away from your abuser anyway, and changing your name and identity will help accomplish this.

Yes, you could have an abortion- but the question here is, can you LIVE WITH YOURSELF after it's done? Because abortion which is done solely for the sake of convenience, and for no other reason (which is what is true in this case) is MURDER. It takes two to tango, and if this man you were with was abusive to you, you shouldn't have slept with him, period. You had options, you know. You could have called the cops on him at any point, but chose not to.

Having an abortion doesn't make you "bad". What makes you "bad" are the choices you make that necessitate it. Abortion itself is just a medical procedure. Actually, given your circumstances, I think you should be thankful that you at least HAVE the option of terminating the pregnancy. There are still plenty of countries in the world where women don't have that right. Abortions can cause infertility, especially if they aren't performed correctly- but if you go to a legitimate medical provider and not a back alley criminal, you should be fine. Correctly performed medical abortions rarely cause secondary infertility, and contrary to myths touted by the Roman Catholic Church, abortion DOES NOT CAUSE breast cancer. (I have no idea where the Church came up with that notion, but it's false and is not based on science or any legitimate information.)

• L

NEVER!  You can raise your son and the baby.  Raise the baby to be the complete opposite of it's biological father.  After the baby is born; contact a lawyer and DEMAND Sole Custody, Child Support and Supervised Visits only after baby reaches 1-year of age.

• Tasm

If you really don't want the kid, then you might consider putting it up for adoption. Get some money, get rid of the kid, and let the kid live. 

• GB

I know someone who had two abortions, then went on to have 2 healthy children. 

if the govt pays for  it

• David

Your one son is 2 years old.  The other is younger, but he's still your child.  Would you put your 2 year old to death if he was the child of an abusive husband?  Somehow I doubt it.  

Please do whatever you wish to do.

Only you can make that choice 

This is a decision you are going to have to make on your own.  Only you know what you can and cannot handle sweetie.  Please get into counseling now for the sake of your own sanity.  The fact that you are thinking this through clearly shows that you are on the right track.  Whatever you choose will be the right decision for you...do not let anyone sway (or force) you into going against your gut feelings.  First instincts are the ones you should follow (your intuition).  There are pros and cons to both sides of this serious issue.  You've already shown that you are brave in taking the steps to leave the abusive situation!  Speak with a counselor before making any other life altering decisions so that you build your inner resolve.  take care.