Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

Do you think everyone will get covid eventually?

Just like SARS, yes we can

• Andy

I would say yes.

Yes, as we all caught a cold or had flu. we cant live in a mask or have social distancing forever till we die

• D1218

Nope. Some people are just very immune.

• I don't think so. Not if people remain vigilant about physical distancing and doing what they can, to help prevent them selves from getting it. 

I haven't been sick since the virus started, I plan on staying that way.

Not everyone. There is usually a considerable portion of the population that has innate immunity through factors other than antibodies, but a very large percentage is likely to be infected.  The Spanish flu is the worst epidemic in modern history and its estimated that roughly 30% of the population became infected by the time it was all over - that's an infection rate 200x more than the present state of COVID-19.   As of this week, roughly 0.15% of the world population has been infected with COVID-19.  Its hard to imagine what it would be like with 200x more cases, let alone 670x cases if everyone became infected.  

No, I think we will be vaccinated by this time next year. 

• Nicey8

No, it is quite in control in Asia but not in USA. USA is the most developed country and yet this is happening. What an adventure for US citizens.

No. This virus is less infectious than the common cold. Don’t believe the fake news about millions of people being infected the government loves to lie and put fear on the population.

Possibly, just like everyone gets colds. It is not known yet whether having it once gives you immunity. If it does, then experts say we need about an 80% immunity rate to confer "herd immunity". If 80% of the population is immune either because they've had it, or they've had a vaccine, then everyone else would be at relatively little risk.