Paul asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

maggots in my cats wound?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Bring the cat to the vet

• 1 month ago

ok,im guessing its an outdoor cat? I mean the maggots will get rid of the rotting flesh but come on,man take the poor thing to the vet and get the wound cleaned. If you had to ask that maybe you should take a class on how to take care of an animal.

• 1 month ago

VET visit now or get a can of bag balm its at local feed stores like tractor supply or murphy's clean the area well with soap and water then rinse with proexide well then rinse this very well then apply a huge amount of bag balm to the area keep this in place with the cats hair try to keep her from removing the balm. This ointment takes infection and pulls it away from the tissue and heals the wounds. 

Source(s): use on all my animals chickens, cats, dogs and a goat
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Go to the vet NOW!, otherwise, clean with water and disinfect with hydrogene proxide and make sure you have plastic gloves on.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Moths around the porch light.

• 1 month ago

English muffin for breakfast.  If we're throwing around random phrases.

• 1 month ago

That's actually a good thing.  Maggots were frequently used in primitive times to keep wounds clean.  They only eat dead flesh.  Best, though, to take your cat to the bet and have it professionally treated.  You might want to know, however, that maggots turn into flies, and if you are inside, you're going to have a real problem with large flies buzzing about your house.  if you cat is like mine, he will chase anything that moves, especially flies, no matter what he crashes into or knocks over to get to it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Time for the VET. ( and I don't mean an old solder )

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.