Clunk noise when I put Toyota Camry into drive or reverse.?

I have a 2003 Toyota Camry, when I put it into drive or reverse the car makes a metallic clunk noise. I also hear the noise when the car is down shifting when I’m coming to a stop. The rpms drop fast when I let off the gas pedal at around 25-50 mph and I hear the metallic clunk then as well. I have replaced the driver side cv axle and ball joint.

Check the motor mounts.

• Erik

Take a look at the "dog-bone" motor mount, on the left side of your engine bay.  It's right next to the power steering reservoir.  Is the rubber part torn up?  Try turning the car on, opening the hood, and letting someone else shift between drive and reverse while you watch.  Is the engine jumping around?  The good news is it's only about $12 on ebay.

Check all the drive axles.  Check all the CV joints.  If they all look good, you might need a new transmission.  Good luck,

• Rick

check the drive shaft for a loose U-joint ....................................

How are the engine mounts?