Anonymous

Can you get into college with a good ACT score?

In school I didn't do so good but I did very well on my ACT and I'm confident that if I took it again and actually prepared for it I'd do incredible. So how important are your grades from school when trying to get into to college at 28 years old?

Favorite Answer

Your high school GPA is still more important than your SAT/ACT score because it reflects your on-going academic ability over several four across different subjects and teachers.  Yes, a strong ACT score along with an essay about how you've matured and will apply yourself might help -- if your application gets that far.  Many universities will sort out the low GPA applications without more than a cursory review because they have more than enough qualified applicants. 

If your high school GPA is rubbish, I'd strongly encourage you to start at a community college.  If you have even a year's worth of CC classes with A's and B's, your high school GPA becomes much less relevant.  

That's swell! You may go to college or university or community college to start cheaper. many options! Be aware of student loans so apply for a scholarship or grant. Get many help you need to succeed! 28 years old isn't too bad. I know a 40 years old who went back to college.