Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 4 weeks ago

Why do people not believe in reincarnation?

• RP

For some, there are so many mysteries and unknowns in life, it is difficult to abandon those and explore what may or may not come after this life.

Because there is no evidence for it. 

• Everyone has their reasons for a belief or lack of one.  The most popular reason for not believing in reincarnation...it isn't true.

I don't believe in anything that I cannot prove... I don't have any beliefs. I have knowledge of facts.

• Raja

Many people were believing in reincarnation but I guess after I have started to write in Yahoo and Quora that reincarnation is impossible, more people are thinking that I am correct.

Reincarnation is not at all possible. No one lives after death in any form and there is no afterlife. There are spirits but they are separate elements. A human being during his/her lifetime is living with many spirits which have joined one by one since birth. They are knowledge, skills, feelings, emotions, interests and everything. These spirits are your consciousnesses and memories. Even thoughts are not your own. For example, when you want to take a decision on a subject, one after another the spirits think and you just listen, choose or reject the ideas which they transmit to your mind through your brain in the form of thoughts. Brain is just a media to connect the spirits to your mind. A mind is just a computer's mind. A mind is you. After the destruction of a computer completely you will not get it's mind. The same is the case with the human beings.  A human being doesn't have a spiritual body. Soul is nothing but an energy needed for the functionality of a body. It is not a spirit or anything else. A body's functionality is based on the auto mechanism.  After death all spirits which accompanied a person quit and go to different places searching new bodies. No one lives in any form after death. All human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games.

There is no hell or heaven for human beings. They are only for spirits. I guess that the heaven is just the sky and hell is the prison for spirits. Good spirits are free to go anywhere in the sky but bad spirits are put in prison for certain years. I guess that certain evil spirits are destroyed completely. Spirits' lifetime is limited. If what they (spirits) have said is true then they live approximately for 400 to 500 years. This is close to the Indian Hindu's belief that a human being has seven births. That means Hindus believe in reincarnation but I don't.

REINCARNATION

I was believing in reincarnation for many years but after I have started to hear the spirits’ voices inside my head in the year 1983 (age 32) and after observing their conversations for years and after knowing the fundamental things about computers, I have come to a conclusion that all human beings are just robots made of flesh and bones and toys of the spirits for their games and there is no reincarnation.

To form a reincarnation all spirits which lived with a body must possess another person together. Then only he/she can feel the same person who died. But this is not happening because the spirits never stay together to haunt or possess another. They go searching new bodies. Rarely there might have been certain cases but I think they have changed after some time. I mean, they (humans) didn't able to remember anything after certain age. Spirits during their life time live with many bodies (one after another). Their memories sometimes affect the person. This is natural. This is not enough to believe that there is rebirth. No one returns after death. All human beings’ lives end with their own bodies.

There is always a common fate which is always applicable to all creatures including human beings. That is, human beings are like other creatures except that they have an additional sense (sixth sense). This sense had changed only the living conditions of the human beings but not the fate. The fate is almost same to all creatures including human beings.

• Liz

Although the Bible does not support the reincarnation doctrine, nobody needs to feel disappointed. The Bible’s message offers something far more comforting than the idea of being reborn in a world filled with sickness, sorrow, pain, and death. And not only is what the Bible offers comforting but it is the truth, God’s own Word.

Paul expressed the encouraging doctrine in this way: “I have hope toward God . . . that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.” The word “resurrection,” or some form of it, occurs over 50 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and Paul speaks of it as a primary doctrine of the Christian faith.—Acts 24:15; Hebrews 6:1, 2.

• j153e

It is a field of awareness that is not commonly held by people as they integrate, post-7 years of age, with their current phenomenal beta wave processing.  This state of mind--ignorance of past life awareness--is particularly found in the European and now U.S./Canada etc. cultural mindsets.

Secondly, as with belief in Supreme Being, atom-based evidence is not the criterion--that is a category error, showing ignorance by reductive materialism--it is primarily within the soul-field awareness of the individual that both evidence of reincarnation and of God are to be found.

Related:

Autobiography of a Yogi, by Yogananda, which has its first chapter a casual reference to past life memories.

Other books that are evidential is "Soul Survivor" by Bruce and Andrea Leininger, about their son whose prior incarnation was an American WWII fighter pilot,

and "The Reincarnation of Edgar Cayce?" by Free and Wilcock, which does provide good insight beyond the more fresh memories of strongly-imprinted (Leininger) and/or spiritually advanced (Yogananda) children.

As HH the XIVth Dalai Lama has remarked, it is probably less important for most individuals to deal extensively with past life memories, as the individual goes forward in his or her present life development.

Simple - Insufficient evidence and no scientific basis. 

Because they have a working brain in their head and they know bullshit when they see it. 

Give me a legitimate research study on its proof and I'll belief you, not a whole bunch of stories of children.