Daniel asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

I have panic attacks when i leave my house?

A week ago I got a panic attack randomly when i was outside.. Now whenever I leave my house I feel like I can’t breathe and I get bad anxiety. Anyone know what i can do? I can’t even leave my house anymore

This can be treated.  You should see a Psychiatrist and talk about your symptoms and discuss treatment options, there are several available.  This is something that is very treatable and you shouldn’t have to live with this condition, go see a Dr. 

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are having this problem. They keep telling us to stay indoors, and when we go out it seem like we're breaking the law.

Basically, therapy for phobias, explained in The Feeling Good Handbook by psychiatrist David Burns, is making a list of situations, ranking them according to how scary you find them, and using that ranked list as your objectives. Imagining a situation can be an objective. Start with something really, really easy.

You could start by having as your first objective sitting in the backyard or standing in the doorway of the front door. Then it could be walking to the mailbox or walking around the block.

The thing to remember is never go from objective A to objective B until you feel completely confident with A. Things that give you confidence are experience and slow breathing. There's enormous laboratory and clinical evidence that slow breathing is effective for calming people down quickly.

Psychology Today online says that Dr. Dave Carbonell is a clinical psychologist who specializes in treating fears and phobias and the author of three self-help books, including Panic Attacks Workbook.

In this video, Dr. Carbonell demonstrates a breathing exercise that he says is helpful for panic attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=49&v=e...

Stress management is something we all need, and it might help with your problem. I have advice for this in my answers and you're welcome to click on my name and read.

Although you probably won’t need them, this answer tells you about other panic treatments.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200...

maybe you should get some help for it