Please explain how JK Rowling acknowledging objective reality and not wanting women to be called ”Menstruators” is a “phobia" please?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Our language is being tortured to the point where words are losing their meanings. This is just another example of it. 

• 4 weeks ago

You're misinformed, Michael. What actually happened was that JK Rowling obliquely suggested using "women" to refer to menstruators, ignoring the objective reality that many women are not menstruators.

On June 6, Rowling objected to an article that used the precise phrase "people who menstruate", tweeting "I’m sure there used to be a word for those people. Someone help me out. Wumben? Wimpund? Woomud?". Which not only transphobically excluded menstruators who aren't women, it also thoughtlessly excluded cis women who no longer menstruate.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You know what I've noticed? The trans allies running around telling us to "educate ourselves" have no effing idea what's going on in the real world, what their own community believes or has legally lobbied for. Or what the current law in most of the Western world is. Self-ID is ALREADY the law just about everywhere and even when it's NOT the law it's treated like it is. IOW a serial rapist strong enough to strangle his MALE cellmate with his bare hands can self-ID his way into women's prison to carry out a rape spree. And have the prison cover it up and punish his female rape victims.

Chicago:

https://www.womenarehuman.com/transgender-felon-wh...

This murdering charmer in Sweden still got to go to women's prison:

https://www.womenarehuman.com/transgender-identifi...

I have 50 more of these..........

TERFs are right.

• 1 month ago

"Please explain how JK Rowling acknowledging objective reality and not wanting women to be called ”Menstruators” is a “phobia" please?"

No such thing as "transphobia".  It's a made up word using  the Theodor Adorno trick (of the Frankfurt School) by labelling any differing opinions from their own radical ideology as being irrational fears, or "phobias".  Thus "homophobia", "Islamaphobia" and "transphobia".

The radical Left won't even discuss obvious biological realties.  They normally label any similarly thinking White women a Karen now and just dismiss her opinion outright.  JK Rowling is just a little too high profile for them to do that at this point in history.

Funny how the history of feminism evolves yet those that follow it still cling on to the original definition of women's advocacy for equal Rights.  The second wave actually divided White women from their own men.  Third wave ushered in "intersectionality".  So our current (fourth wave?) era now divides older White women from younger White women ("Karens").  And the next wave will have the remaining White feminists hand over their prominence in the movement to others under the intersectionality principle where they themselves  are deemed to be "privileged".  Divide and conquer!

JK Rowling was considered a feminist icon previously.  But she is now a former useful idiot  for the cause.  It's the same for Germaine Greer.  In both cases, "trans" rights trump women's rights.  And to a lesser extent, it's time to push away the older useful idiots that are outdated with their feminism, like Hillary Clinton and Gloria Steinem.  Feminism today is full on cultural Marxism (as per the Frankfurt School), and it's BLM's moment in the sun.  Feminists today are full on revolutionaries for social change, not women's advocates.  Anyone thinking otherwise is a "fake feminist" or living in a bubble of their own.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • She's saying it to inflame people and it's not completely accurate,  biologically , because there are intersex people who menstruate who may also have testicles 

• 1 month ago

She objected to the term "people who menstruate" because she seems to believe that F2M people are coerced into transition, when the opposite is in fact the case.  The words were chosen because of trans *men* who do not wish to be misgendered.  There are also intersex people who menstruate.  Allies of the trans community have tried to turn this into an issue primarily about trans women, e.g. Daniel Radcliffe, but the actual issue is that J K Rowling opted to cause stress to marginalised people who were assigned female at birth.

• 1 month ago

I'm with her! It's madness! 

I'm a woman, NOT  A MENSTRUATOR!

• 1 month ago

what? I don't get it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.