What happens when I get had a car accident and the person that has the insurance was the passenger?

I was in the drive thru of a food place and I accidentally BARELY rear ended this girl. (I saw her car and it barely made a mark.) Her boyfriend was the driver and she was the passenger. He’s not on her insurance (I’m pretty sure) , because they were young and she said that she’s on her parents insurance... so now what do I do?? What do I say to the insurance people about him not being covered??

You say nothing and let it go.  No blood was spilled. No major damage It is YOUR FAULT.

Your the one who has to pay them. That is how insurance works.

If there basically no damage hope to hell they don't report YOU. No damage=no report. You got lucky, this time.

Young has nothing to do with it.  YOU CAN'T DRIVE YOU DUMMY.  Not hard to figure out.

Maybe UNDERSTAND HOW INSURANCE WORKS would help you. Learning how to drive would also help you.

You are not a cop. So you got no say in the matter.

You don't say nuffin, because it doesn't concern you.

Whether or not the other idiot's insurance company covers whoever is driving is a concern, it's just not your concern.  If their insurance company has a problem with it, they'll take it up with their customer.  They won't discuss it with you, because you're not part of the equation.

If it barely made a mark, then just pay them for the damage with your own money.  Having insurance pay could cost you more in the long run.

You "barely made a mark," you rear ended her and now attempt to minimize the accident, and you're worried about HIM not being covered?  You rear ended the car!  Their coverage is immaterial.  If YOU weren't on the policy, then you could have a problem.  The driver of the car you hit maybe wasn't on the policy?  Immaterial.

I hate it when I "barely rear end" other cars!

You were at fault so let your insurance company handle it.......expect your rates to go up.

It doesn't matter if he was on her insurance or not because you caused the accident and therefore you are liable for the cost to repair the damage (regardless of how big or small the damage was).

There is also no rule that the driver must be on the same insurance policy as the car owner. People lend cars to trusted friends & family all the time. If the person driving the car has insurance then their insurance company covers their liabilities if they cause a crash no matter what car they were driving. Likewise the car owner's insurance policy would cover the car and any liability that falls on the car's owner no matter who was driving.

As long as both the owner and the driver have insurance and the driver has a valid license everything is covered. But it doesn't matter in your situation anyway because you were at fault so they don't owe you a dime.

So when you file the reports about what happened you can simply mention the facts - that there was a male driver and female passenger and the car was registered to the female passenger. It won't change anything about how the claim against YOUR insurance policy is processed.

Nothing.  Whoever owns the car has the property damage claim against you.

• May

What are you talking about?  

There is no such thing as needing to be "on" someone's insurance.   Anytime someone drives an insured car with permission and has a valid drivers license, they will be covered by the insurance that has been placed on that vehicle.

Besides, Because you hit the other car, it is YOUR insurance that will be liable.  Your insurance will be liable to fix the other car, if it was damaged regardless of whether or not it was even insured.

Nicole.....You need to understand insurance.  Get with it ! 

It does not matter here.  You are at fault.  And you do not know and not totally SURE what the insurance policy is on the other party.  Call your insurance company.

Simple. Tell the truth dumbass. Your insurance company will sort it out - if you have one. You hit them, remember? Your fault bonehead. Your insurance pays me Your insurance goes up.  If it was the other way around, it would be messy because her parents insurance wouldn't pay the claim because an uninsured driver was behind the wheel.