Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Christians, did God know Adam would sin before he created the universe?

If so, is he playing with us? He knew mankind would fall and suffer in this miserable world. Yet he chose to proceed with creation.

He not only punished Adam but also all his descendants. That is an evil God.

Favorite Answer

No.  He didn't even know Abraham feared him until after he tested him (Gen 22:12).

Although he didn't know with certainty if Adam and Eve would disobey him, he did have a backup plan in case they did, namely he would sacrifice himself for mankind's sins where one could still be saved through an obedient faith in Jesus Christ.

When it comes to man's free will, God does NOT know everything, although he has a pretty good idea of how we will act, but just to be sure, sometimes he tests us (2Ch 32:31).

• Peter

God didn't know that Adam WOULD sin, but he knew that he was capable of doing so.

No. Jehovah endowed them with intelligence and free will, enabling them to choose to obey or not. Though having the capacity of foreknowledge, God exercises that ability selectively.​—1/1, pages 13-15.

If God truly had foreknown that this perfect couple would sin, what would this imply? Such a notion would attribute many negative traits to God. He would seem to be unloving, unjust, and insincere. Some might label it cruel to expose the first humans to something that was foreknown to end badly. God might seem responsible for​—or at least an accomplice to—​all the badness and suffering that followed throughout history. To some, our Creator would even appear foolish.

Source(s): Did God Know That Adam and Eve Would Sin? jw.org
  • User

1) Christians, did God know Adam would sin before he created the universe?

Yes.

2) If so, is he playing with us?

Not obviously.

3) He knew mankind would fall and suffer in this miserable world. Yet he chose to proceed with creation.

That's one opinion.

• Adam

1 John 3:20 says God knows everything. So if he didn't know Adam would Sin, he didn't know everything which would contradict the bible.

Also when you create something, especially when you have the power god has. You control what it can and can't do. You can also control the likelihood of it doing wrong.

So when god created Mankind, he not only created us with the ability to sin, he created that ability as a dominant characteristic. He could have created us without that ability to sin or made it a very tiny part of our characters that was easy to ignore. He chose not to. He chose to make it dominant knowing it was a certainty that we would fail. He created the sinners and their ability to Sin.

Given that God dwells in eternity (which is not bound by time, as we know it), no human can state a 'time', such as 'before he created the universe'. Our material universe began at the point when God created time, for matter cannot change without time in which to change. God is unchanging and eternal and Heaven is another dimension. But I would only be wasting my time dealing with your other statements for you have made your mind up. I will just quote this biblical verse:

"To the faithful you show yourself faithful, to the blameless you show yourself blameless; to the pure you show yourself pure, but to the crooked you show yourself shrewd; you save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty."

Yes, but he also knew he could deal with it, and of course he did, and still does.

God judges no one but Adam for Adams sin. He will judge you for your sins.

You've committed blasphemy here, sealing your eternal fate. So God and we hereby abandon you.

A theory a friend once proposed is that God exists in all moments of time equally.  In this way, God is eternal because he is always at the beginning and at the end and everywhere in between.  And so to God the moment when he created Adam and the moment in which Adam broke his covenant with God were equal.  Hence why God "allows" evil to happen is because, from His perspective, it's already happening

• Sean

We can only go by what he says. He says that from the beginning he knew, and from the beginning, he purposed to take the sins away from man and pay for them himself the due punishment that needed to be paid. That is not an evil God. An evil God would have either never made us and would have been alone forever, or would have made us an abandoned us to the point of death.

You seem to have constructed an opposition toward the God of the bible whom you don't really seem to know very well. I would suggest that instead of doing this and listening to people on here (even me), on various websites, or based on your own experiences in the past with religious people, you instead go to the source. Get a firsthand account of who God says he is. Write down your oppositions you have as you study his character and learn about him. Approach him logically and come as you are. Keep away from those who would influence you and do not be brainwashed by anyone or anything, but take the time to get a firsthand account of him. That is fair in my book. That's what I did, and I found he was far different than I had ever thought when I had presented myself as his enemy (or that he didn't exist more accurately). I regret thinking that way, and I want to spare you that.

In my ignorance, I held a strong opposition to him and that wasn't fair based on what little I knew. My information was all third-party or second-hand accounts. There were claims and things unsubstantiated and I just didn't care to look and bother for many years. When I decided to (being irritated enough), I did so, and I'm fortunate I did. I would encourage you to also pick up a bible and read it through and through like I did. Trying to figure out who God is and actually seeking him is invoking a promise of his, that if you seek him, you will find him, and I did, and so can you.

Maybe he knew eve would sin but wanted to test Adam.