Why is faith afterwards revealed as a Spiritual gift after Holy Spirit baptism but today's Christians took off with THEIR faith saving self?

Update:

If today's Christians would put the Word of God in the right perspective, they would realize they are born a "DEAD spirit" (Rm 5:12-14; I Cor 15:21-22) with NOTHING until QUICKENED back to life by HIS "POWER" (Acts 1:8) with Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5).

At which point FAITH is (((AFTERWARDS REVEALED))) (Galatians 3:23) as a "Spiritual gift" (I Cor 12:9) (((AFTER))) being Holy Spirit baptized (I Cor 12:13)!

Why do today's Christians believe they are saved by faith that they don't have?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Why are you not aware of the fact that you sound like a raving lunatic?

• 4 weeks ago

Because the truth is inescapable to the honest-hearted, Dan. 10:12.  "Faith comes by hearing", Romans 10:17.

• Jea
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Faith is the problem, not a solution.

Nothing fails like faith.

Myers said it best:

"FAITH. No one word personifies the absolute worst and most wicked properties of religion better than that. Faith is mind-rot. It’s the poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It’s a parasite regarded as a virtue." -- PZ Myers 

• 4 weeks ago

It's not.

1Co 12:7  To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 

1Co 12:8  For to one is given through the Spirit the utterance of wisdom, and to another the utterance of knowledge according to the same Spirit, 

1Co 12:9  to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 

So how did these Christians get these spiritual gifts? through the laying on of an apostles hands (Ac 8:14-18; 19:6).  They had already been baptized in water.  The gift of "faith" was not in an absolute sense.  Obviously a Christian already has faith, but they were given an extra measure of faith.  The miraculous nature of the gift was the immediacy.  Normally a Christian's faith is increased over time as they read God's word and grow spiritually (Rom 10:17; 2Pet 1:5-10).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.