Is there any spark of life left in the hunting section?

I think we finally died.

• C T M
    Favorite Answer

Between the new format(s), yahoo's total lack of oversight, bots and trolls, yes, the hunting section is done for. 

We've had years of trolls here, users like Joe who has changed names a dozen times to harassed us here, things like gary with a hundred accounts, newell who could have actually contributed something worthwhile but decided to take the low road for years. You know it was yahoo's own bots that used to recycle questions in order to pad the numbers so Verizon thought this feature was active. If Yahoo is willing to use fraud and deceit to get more money from Verizon during the buyout, there's no limit to what they'll do.

Lots of good people with decades of knowledge were run off, all for the amusement of angry little boys lashing out at an unfair world from the protection of their computer monitors. 

This is the way of the world now, this is truly "The New Normal" that we keep hearing about. Upside down values, lies, deceit, fraud, utter propaganda from "media", divisive and instigative politicians and preachers, there's corruption in every facet of life, and not just in the USA, but worldwide. This portal is a sampling of the total erosion of decency or any kind of values. 

It really makes me wonder if we're not witnessing the end times.

If only YAHOO would put up a "guns and ammo" section, and moderate it for content. I try to give solid advice, but i get discouraged when certain trolls post absurdities on this forum.

There never has been much life in it. It's full of trolls and shills, so honest people have a lot to put up with. I recall asking why anybody wants a DAO pistol and one jerk said everybody should know that but didn't give a real answer. I see some people praising junk handguns. They're probably paid to do it. Then we have anti-gun trolls like Gary. It's infuriating to see so much crap here. Oh well, there were some terrible trolls here 10 years ago. 

It’s not just here. Most of the sections the amount of questions and traffic has decreased. I go into the gaming and cell phone section and I’ve noticed a decrease in questions there as well.

You have been here long enough to know we go in cycles...… when school is out in the summer its's all trolls and stupid questions.  2020 has been so much worse since school has been out since February.  I expect when school starts and kids are forced to do more work online - and their parents will be more involved, actually seeing what their little brats are doing online - it could be nice here again.  

It's unfortunate, but true. I used to really enjoy this section. A lot of the "irregulars" around here seemed like really good people who have decades of experience to share with people who asked relevant questions. These are the kind of folks you'd want to hang out with. Trolls, bots and PC snowflakes have pretty much killed this section. Years ago, it was a lot of fun.

Well, about 20 people in this section decided that you needed PERMISSION to ask a question, and you needed to pass a political litmus test to be here. And if you weren't to the right of Adolph Hitler then they would report you and get rid of your question. And everyone got tired of this sh*t and now you get a question about every three days. 

• John

Too many irrelevant questions, plus all that stupid stuff like what sort of weapon would they pick for a zombie attack.

• BBean

The new format suckhs. Who gives a rat to look at decade old questions? Not me.  Regulars don`t seem to support each other as they once did.  I remember when a super good answer could receive more than 14 TU`s. Now, 5 TU`s are rare unless it is a snappy comeback or degrading answer. (I like humor as much as anyone but some take it to a higher level)

Also, some questions were deleted that really wern`t all that far off topic. I voted to end the L 7 "privilege" to move questions because of being grossly abused and used as a vendetta tool. Some L 7`s didn`t like the avatar regardless of the subject matter...so they moved the question to a crappy section.

• Adam D

You can't force people to ask questions...