Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 1 month ago

Should we just reinstate lockdown until a proven treatment for covid is found?

We could reinstate lockdown in the US with a “basic” income for those displaced workers during the lockdown, as well as “putting the economy on pause”.

During this period, rents would be frozen, stock trading would halt, mortgage payments would not be collected and such. All debt repayments would pause.

Eventually when a proven pharmaceutical treatment is found we would end the lockdown and the economy would resume where it left off.

Would this be a good idea?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

No, this would not be a good idea.  If rents were frozen, then landlords would not have money for maintenance and repairs, and the rental housing would deteriorate and become unsafe.

• A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

We can't lockdown everything, people still have to work in medical fields, food processing plants, transportation, police, fire, emergency services, manufacture of critical goods.  We need to be proactive, wear masks, social distance wash our hands.   

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

we ? you got a mouse in your pocket ?......no, no way.....

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, that's one way to destroy our economy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I think lock down should be enforced until a successful  vaccine is produced.

This will save so many lives and give the scientists a goal to work flat out for !

Basic services to remain and extra pay for all those heros!

• gerald
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Its your money or your life smple it always has been and you cant cope any other way , it cant be bought fined or sold and you are fu**ed its life 

• 1 month ago

What is a "proven" threat? 

- Earlier in the year, NYC ran out of hospital beds. 

- California currently only has about 500 ICU beds available in the entire state.

This seem like "proven" threats to me. 

• Susie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sounds to me that that is exactly what progressives/Dems/communists in this country is going for, pandemic or not. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.