Can I accept orders and afterwards use the money to buy the products on Amazon and have them ship it to the customer?

My friends want me to put together a holiday kit of about 10 products. After they each give me their money, can I then go to Amazon, order the items and have Amazon ship it to them? I know once or twice is fine (similar to a gift order), but what if I do this LOTS of times? Will my account flag for ordering the same items constantly, but having them ship to different addresses?

• Isabel

There is a established practice of people doing this.  So yes, it's totally doable.

There's no reason you can't do it, because there's no rule against buying gifts--as many as you want--for anyone you want to buy for. But I would not buy from you if I knew you were doing that--it would be easier just to order from Amazon myself. Why would anyone use someone else to order from Amazon? Makes no sense to me. 

• Scott

You won't make any money that way. 

• NA

If you plan to list your holiday kit on eBay, be advised that you MUST mention in your auction text that you do not have the items in hand/in stock/in possession.

You also must be able to order and pay for the items before Paypal releases the money to you.  This eBay policy was put in place after one Christmas when scammer listed items they didn't have (and ultimately couldn't get) and walked off with the money.

Amazon won't care, they'll be happy to have the business.

If you can consistently find people stupid enough to pay you a marked up price for something they could get cheaper directly from Amazon then more power to you.

How do you intend to handle returns? Make sure you have a plan and write it down - sooner or later someone is going to want to return an item that didn't meet their expectations or didn't work properly and you don't want it to blow up into a big fight.

• keerok

Yes, you can do that but your customers will realize what you've done and order straight from Amazon next time.

That is called 'BUSINESS'. 

More accurately that is called 'Drop-shipping' . and if you can do that, the you will be one of the VERY FEW people who make money drop-shipping.

AWESOME!!!! Give yourself a high five!!!

It is legal, you will not be flagged for ordering too may items...and you may even get a discount if you order a lot!

Have you considered going to college and getting a business degree?

• Marduk

As long as Amazon gets money, I doubt they would care if you were shipping to a drug cartel. 

As far as I know there is nothing wrong with that. I buy Christmas presents for my family and have them shipped to different addresses. What you are doing is the same sort of thing, and perfectly acceptable.