Is it normal to eat Van Camp’s Pork and Beans cold?

After all these years I just barely found out that people heat them up over a stove and it has me questioning everything! I still love them straight out of the refrigerator and that’s how my  grandma serves them but now I am curious if people see this as a normal or the same as eating cold soup.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You do you, bruh. If your normal is eating them cold, then that is fine. I have never had any issue with eating a particular food hot or cold, just because someone else does. I eat food what ever way I want and am just happy that my belly is full.

• 1 month ago

It’s just a matter of preference and if it’s part of a meal it’s often heated 

• 1 month ago

If you like them cold, then why does it matter if it's "normal" or not? What's normal is to eat what you like any way you like it. Not follow someone else's idea of what normal is or isn't. 

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Whatever way you like them, their cooked anyway, so hot or cold - your choice.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, you can either eat them cold or warmed up.

• 1 month ago

I like them cold as well.

• 🦋
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Nothing wrong with that

• Is it normal (or at least not unusual) to heat them (and other canned foods) straight out of the can? Absolutely yes it is.

Is it normal to not realize that they are actually meant to be heated? Not so much ;)

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They are best when you just open the can and put the whole thing into a campfire. 

• 1 month ago

I like to dip Ruffles potato chips in cold beans.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.