Peter asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Professor Ivan Yashchuk from Norilsk "life expectancy is not affected by alcohol". Do you agree with it?

Ivan Yashchuk is convinced that alcohol does not affect life expectancy at all. In evidence, he cites many drunkards of centenarians. Do you agree with the opinion of the Norilsk researcher?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yeah but did he think about all the crashes related to alcohol?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Have you ever been in an accident involving a drunk driver?  On April 6, 1979 at approximately 11:32 pm Nathaniel Booker jumped the median on Laurens Road in front of McAlister Square and hit Tracy Chaquita of Austin Texas head on.  Booker had been drinking wine and smoking pot before going out with his underaged girlfriend.  Tracy Chaquita was in town visiting her mother with her husband and 10 month old daughter and had just run out for a pack of cigarettes.  The steering wheel in her Datsun B-210 wagon was about 1-1/2 inches from the seat back.  She died two hours later without ever regaining consciousness.  Booker was uninjured and was sentenced to 6 months for involuntary homicide.  I was driving the third car that her car hit after Booker hit her head on.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I read that moderate drinkers outlive non drinkers. Even heavy drinkers outlive non drinkers. By heavy it meant 5 to 6 drinks. More than that and you would die sooner. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. 

I strongly disagree.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The dr. has never seen a dui.

• 1 month ago

I don't agree with the scientist from Norilsk. Life expectancy and health are really affected by alcohol, it is not the main factor but one of the key-factors.

• 1 month ago

It depends on how much you ingest.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no i don't because he is an idiotic quack

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If that is his entire body of evidence .... centenarian drunkards ... then no.  That's borderline anecdotal.  Perhaps if you had a reference to his work??

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well there you have it, you can stay drunk now 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.