Claire
Lv 7
Claire asked in Society & CultureRoyalty · 1 month ago

Due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak in California, will Harry and Meghan be banned from the UK for the foreseeable future? ?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

They should get special Royal treatment:  14 days isolation in the Tower of London.

• 4 weeks ago

Diplomats and spouses are exempt in all but the most extreme cases.  

• 4 weeks ago

I live down the road, in Palm Springs, and I think you are overestimating the appeal of your country.

• 4 weeks ago

The situation has been complicated by the US government.

Initially, the situation was that a UK citizen (and spouse) would have been able to return to the UK from the USA, and then be subject to a 14 day quarantine period.  However, to spite itself even further, the USA has now banned all travel between the  USA and Europe including returning citizens.  UK citizens cannot return to the UK and US citizens cannot return to the US.  This particular "fine mess" is the direct result of interference from the idiot Trump!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • PANKO
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

No, they weren't in exile. Besides, he can petition the Royals.

• 4 weeks ago

The UK has banned ALL travel from the US.  Harry and Meghan made a choice to leave the UK, that is on them not the UK.

• Clo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The UK has banned travel from the US.

If there were to be a death in the royal family, the Sussexes might be allowed to travel, though. Essential travel for citizens of the UK is still possible, but trips for US citizens is not allowed.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think his grandmother is one of the last remaining bridges he hasn't burnt. Most others have already given up on him, and couldn't care less if he ever comes back or not.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. They would need to self isolate if they do return to the UK, but the advice is not to travel unless essential, and their presence in the UK is not currently necessary and won't be for the foreseeable future.

• Rico
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No, because Harry and Archie are UK nationals, and their right of return remains effective AND extends to Meghan 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.