Do most Atheists covert to Christianity ?

I remember starting off an Atheist because my parents were till i decided to become a Christian. Is this common

After they've been in He'll for a bit .

Yes, this is common.  It is difficult for any human to live without Jesus Christ.

The Holy Spirit of God draws us to the Lord Jesus Christ, but if we continually reject Him, then man can be eventually turned over to a depraved mind.

• Paul

Thousands of people convert to Christianity every year. There is no way to know how many of them were atheists, and how many converted from other religions.

If you look up ex-christian testimonies on google, you get about 2.5million results. If you look up ex-atheist testimonies, you only get 153,000 results with many of them repeats of the same person. This supports becoming an ex-christian is more likely than becoming an ex-atheist, with many ex-christian testimonies giving excellent reasons for leaving the faith, this includes many ex-preachers/ministers who learned the deceit of the religion.

When I was investigating for myself, ex-christians usually had good reasons to abandon Christianity, but I had never seen an ex-atheist offer similar good reasons to become a theist of any kind. Every ex-atheist testimony I have read involved either emotions as their reason or wishful thinking combined with ignorance as their assumed good reasoning for becoming a theist.

There is nothing wrong with being a theist, but it is certainly not for intellectual reasons, but rather purely emotional reasons, where I would say there is wisdom in that if you can manage to believe and it helps with emotional stress. The primary problem theists have is that they join religions that don't fully align with reality and thus makes it difficult for many to maintain the level of faith that they desire. For those people, it becomes a down right chore to achieve the level of spirituality they long for.

I'm also a now-theistic former atheist but it's much more common for people to go in the other direction.

Generally the most frequent time occurrences of atheists converting to Christianity or any other religion is when they age and childhood memories become stronger as they become senile.  The second one is when "default" atheists, who really haven't examined the facts or given it much thought, are persuaded to convert. 

• Caesar

I remember starting off an Christian because my parents were till i decided to become atheist that is really more common... 

• swolt

I think more people go the other direction.  I know loads of atheists who were once Christians, but no Christians who were once atheists.

Were you really an atheist, or were you more agnostic?  

If your attitude was "I don't really think about religion and don't know or care about god or spirituality" then I would say you're really more of an agnostic.  If you were more like "I have thought deeply about it, and I believe that there is no god." then that's more of an atheist.

I've never heard of a full-on atheist converting.  Maybe it happens more than I've realized.  I've heard of agnostics converting all the time.  I've also heard of many Christians going the other way as well.

Based on the rising percentage of atheists, we can definitely say that 'most' atheists are not converting to religion.

No.  It works both ways.