Can I go back to community college 3 years after I dropped out?

I just checked my community college website and my account is still active. Im just tired of my current job in retail and since coronavirus happened I know now how it feels working 40 hours weekly and I absolutely hate it to the point im just tired of that place and want to cut back my hours. so I think I gotta go back to school instead and get some degree because I can't do retail all my life. Do you think the community college will take me back after I dropped out?


Well I did fail a few classes and got depressed and dropped out. But my gpa is still at a 2.1 which still can be saved I guess right?

17 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    are you still suicidal? do you really want to be around college aged punk during these times?

  • 1 month ago

    IF you flunked out, maybe not. If you dropped out while you were in good academic standing, you probably can return. Check with your school, if you want to return there. If you want to go elsewhere, you have to try to transfer, which might be more complicated, require better GPA, etc, to qualify to apply.

  • Just so you know, this information can easily be acquired by contacting your community college. I'm not really sure why people have to make things like this this hard. But yes, a lot of community colleges allow you to return. 

  • 1 month ago

    I heard most college credits last for about 10 years before you have to retake them, you should be good on some of your class credits but probably not all of them

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    Of course you can go back. Forget the past here--if you want to go back to college, then GO. There is nothing stopping you. 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    I had a higher GPA than you and they changed mine. Simply, because a lazy boy band didn't like me and my family sold me out to a bunch of spoiled celebrities, the mob, and politicans, and to the state for illegal fundraising because that is what certain groups wanted. They sabotaged me, framed me for crimes, in ohio we have police and law enforcement and even nation law enforcement pulling a "Van Heilsing", essentially , if someone is unpopular, has celebrities that hate them, or teachers so greedy and gluttoneous like they are in most of ohio. They are too busy being insurance agents that the gangs and mafias are basically running the midwest and ruining the country.

  • 1 month ago

    That's a question for the admissions office.  It will depend on whether or not you owe them any money and if you dropping out or failing classes puts you in the category of academic probation.  Give them a call.  The folks don't bite.  Figure out what, if anything you need to do to get back in the school's good graces and reenroll. 

  • 1 month ago

    yes, they probably will

  • 1 month ago

    If your account is still active, try signing up for USEFUL courses online and see what happens.

    If that doesn't work, you may have to go through the re-admission process.

    Every Community College has a procedure for being reinstated.

    Good luck

  • Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    It depends.  Were you suspended for bad grades or just stopped attending?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.