Do you think there could be footprints and wire tracks on the moon that predate the Apollo missions?

Artifacts that belong to ancient aliens or even ancient, technically advanced, humans?

Astronomy & Space

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

Geological records show that an unusual event occurred around fifty million years ago which parallel the traces our civilisation would leave on this planet's rocks too.  Hence there may, just about, have been an advanced technological presence here back then.  If, and it's a gigantic if, that existed, fifty million years is too long for footprints to survive due to micrometeoroid impacts.  Artifacts are a more open question.

• Megumi
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

N, I do not think so. Interstellar travel is impossible, and there is no evidence of ancient technically advanced humans. 

• 3 weeks ago

If indeed aliens exists then absolutely there would be.We have only seen a small faction of the moons surface.We have no plans of going back I don't think although that may change.

• D g
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No because nasa had the astronauts sweep the moon

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No,

Space aliens are a myth. As are "technically advanced" ancient humans. Belief in these things is a topic for discussion with psychologists, sociologists, and publishers of fiction, not astronomers.

• Nyx
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Nope. The Moon has been photographed from orbit for over 10 years, down to about a meter per pixel. Quite a few of the early lunar probes have already been found, and all the Apollo landing sites have been imaged too.

http://www.lroc.asu.edu/featured_sites/

You can see where the astronauts walked from the lunar soil that was kicked up. Even the rovers from the Soviets, Chinese, and manned buggies have been photographed too. And on top of that, holders that have rolled down slopes over the eons have left traces of their paths.

https://www.universetoday.com/38887/lro-sees-bounc...

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/...

http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/posts/557

So if there were something else there, whatever tracks that was left behind, would be found.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Don't be silly.

• 4 weeks ago

It's remotely conceivable that intelligent aliens visited at some point and observed the Earth from the surface of the moon.  They could have left some kind of trace there if that happened.  And given the environment of the moon, any trace that was left would still be there.

There's just no evidence to think any is.

As far as ancient humans?

No.  We know the kinds of technological development and infrastructure it would have taken to do it, and we know they weren't developed until the mid-20th Century.

And there's no reason to think someone could have done it thousands of years ago, either.  It's not the kind of evidence that could be completely erased from history or archaeology.

• 4 weeks ago

We will not know that UNTIL we can do archeology on the Moon. We have thexsamecproblem on Earth. Those ancient Eats were very fastidious?and neat. We have found VERY few strange alloys on Earth and the militaries have the evidence and will not talk about it. Every FOI request to the US military is so heavily redacted you usually don't get much new information. The Navy only recently acknowledged that unexplained UFOs really do exist.

WHY do YOU keep asking provoking bait and fish questions  that ALWAYS end up in online arguments with SPECIFIC. YA users that you are obviously aiming and targeting your questions at? 

• 4 weeks ago

To be honest - I think there's intelligence out there, and probably far more advanced than us... however, I don't think any of it has been *here*.  At least, not yet.  (And, I could be wrong on that point...) 

And, if there were an advanced human civilization in the past, I can't help but think we would've known about it.  

So... *my opinion* is (I can't say it's a fact), that no... the only footprints on the moon are from the Apollo astronauts, and all the other non-natural markings and equipment on the moon are from humans in the last 60 years...  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.