Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 1 month ago

They say you should starve a cold a feed a fever. What about a COVID?

It's yet another misquotation. It was originally "If you feed a cold, you will starve a fever" It means that if you are suffering from the common cold it is wise to continue with your usual healthy diet

I don't have much trust in 'they'.  I'd rather follow the advise of medical professionals.

I believe that licensed health care professionals now say to consume the proper amount of nutrition and hydration (such as water) for both a cold (virus) and a fever.

The other respondent made a good point of staying quarantined if having tested positive for Covid-19.

If you're not sure if you have the virus, some "urgent care centers" may offer testing (but not all of them).  However, the individual generally is supposed to have a fever of 99.6 or higher and/or breathing problems.  

One may need to first call the "urgent care center" from the parking lot before entering the facility due to Covid-19 restrictions.  Some "urgent care centers" may prefer the medical doctor or physician assistant (PA) to go to the individual's car or vehicle.  

• Andy C

They now say to feed both.

I had it back in February and I went two days without eating much of anything but I kept hydrated.  As I got better my appetite came back.  

you need to quarantine if you have it