Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 4 weeks ago

Is this weird? I want to give to people.?

I really love giving gifts. I like getting them too, or just buying stuff for myself, since I collect a lot of things. Around Christmas and birthdays I actually look forward to going out and picking out gifts for other people (stuff I know they'll like, not to please me). But that's not all, though. A lot of people fantasize about being rich and having a lot of nice stuff, right? But I fantasize about just being able to give stuff. Not even necessarily having money. Sometimes I daydream about having a family so I can pay all the bills and take care of everything for them. When I pass by a homeless person I think about making meals for them. I wish I could buy stuff for the local schools, like instruments and art supplies... stuff they don't normally have. I dunno. Am I weird? Does anyone else feel this way?

• edward

I get kind of high off that feeling i get when i do those things.  It feels good

No, it isn't "weird."  Why don't you volunteer at your nearest Red Cross, Salvation Army, Peter's Pantry or the local animal shelter?  There are many things you can do to make a difference in your community.