Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Do you think it's possible not maturing at all between age 15 and 25?

I'm 32 yo.

When I was 25 I was exactly like when I was 15 yo, I didn't feel different and I wasn't more mature. 

I read people saying to teens they think they know anything but they are still children and they'll know when they'll be in their 20s they were children when they were 15.

At 25 I didn't know what they were talking about because I didn't feel different than when I was 15.

I thought I didn't mature at all. Then I knew people who insulted me and told me I was immature like a teen so I think it's the truth. 

Do you think it's possible? 

Now I'm a bit different because I'm more independent and I'm not a good person anymore. In my late 20s other people teached me that shy or weak people (like me) don't deserve respect so I don't respect them anymore.

English isn't my first language. 

Yes it is very possible.

If you have shyness and weakness you can go and get help.

Yes, as you get older you'll notice there are far too many people who act and think like a child when they are any age above childhood. The term I like is "a 10 year old who happens to have been alive for 42 years."

I have stepson that is like this . He is 26 , no car no girlfriend no job no desire to better himself .

I blame his mother and her sisters for babying him . They still do.  

• y

Happens all the time. Drugs and booze can halt emotional maturity, that is a known. Social media/electronics are now know to fire off the same chemical response in the brain that drugs and booze do. That would suggest that they too, can halt or freeze emotional development. We also see those heavily engaged in social media tend to keep that high school mentality, the bullying, the clicks, the trying to fit and and be popular, well into the 30's now.