Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Wearing a mask is only useful if you’re contagious ?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • a2yar
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No way to know if contagious

• 4 weeks ago

Correct, even though that wasn't really a question.

Wearing a mask doesn't protect you from anything, it protects others from you.  Many viruses are the most contagious during the incubation period, when people don't even know they're infected.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

That is true, but they also help a little to block some of the droplets from entering through the mask into the wearer of the mask. Since none of us ever know if we are contagious or not, we should wear one to protect others around us. We could be asymptomtic or presymptomatic, and be contagious without even knowing it. If I see someone without a mask, I cross the street or turn around in a store isle and get away from them.

• 4 weeks ago

Or another person is contagious and you find yourself up close and personal with them. Social distancing? Masks are unnecessary. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

It is true that masks are more useful for stopping you infecting someone else

than they are for stopping you being infected by someone else.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

For the Covid virus, that is the overriding reason given by the consensus of opinion of virologists, worldwide. Masks are to prevent people infecting others.

• Petter
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yeah, probably. I see people compairing it to doctors and nurses not wearing masks during surgery, but open wounds are not comparable to Coronoa, where there are no open wounds...

• 4 weeks ago

The virus has been exposed to every human on earth..quit fretting

• 4 weeks ago

No -- it will also reduce the virus load you may be subjected to when near an infected person .

It's all about reducing risk  -- not "safety". 

There is no "safe"  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yep.                  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.