Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 3 weeks ago

Late period, not pregnant ?

So my period is 5 days late and I’m bloating a lot, tired and have back pain. I know I’m not pregnant as I took a test yesterday which was negative (it was a test that said you could test 5 days before the first day of your missed period) I just don’t get why my period is so late when it’s normally around the same time. What could it be? 

I also had spotting a couple of weeks ago 

Late ovulation is a common reason for a late period.  Many things can cause ovulation to be late and it would be hard to predict for sure if you have had any of those reasons.  YOU might not have even noticed something but your body responded by not ovulating on time because of whatever was wrong at the time ovulation should have happened.

Late ovulation can also cause a LATE POSITIVE on a pregnancy test.

You should test for pregnancy once per week until you either get a period or a positive test.

If your period remains missing for four more weeks or your symptoms get worse - contact your doctor.

It is perfectly common for periods to be not exactly on schedule. 

"What could it be?"    Normal. 

A missed period can be caused by a lot of things, stress, exercise, etc.... you could try testing again when you completely missed your period. Or go to the doctor for a blood test.