Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 3 weeks ago

Franchising / expanding ?

In order to expand And franchise a business to another country would I have to have my own company? Their website says I need to enter my companies name and office number? How do people request to expand a business without having their own company?

If you do not own your business, then you probably do not have a 'COMPANY'.

Do you have a business?  Do you OWN that business.  Do you have a tax ID # that is different than your Social Security number?  Did you register your business as an LP, LLC, Corp or LLP?  Do you pay taxes?  If the answer to all five questions is yes...you both  own a business and have a company doing that business.

If you OWN a business that is not already part of a franchise, then you contact your lawyer and ask that person to draw up a legal franchise agreement.

People who do not own their company cannot expand the company's business.  People who do not own or run a business cannot expand the company's business.

Go to  a decent community college and get a 2 year business degree so you know what you are talking about.

Thank you.

• Tavy

A franchise is someone buying a business under an umbrella company such as KFC.

They dictate terms of how the business is run.

You cannot set up your own franchise elsewhere.

The umbrella company does that.

• martin

If you are only a franchisee, you would not be able to establish a franchise in another country without the backing of the home office of the company you work for.

criminal spammer reported.