in any case, we make character set using 10 bits than will it have more characters than ASCII, how we will inspect it mathematically.?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Every Character is assigned a Binary number.  To make it easy we use Hexadecimal numbers to express binary numbers.  The Character Set is defined as Unicode 13.0 which has replaced ASCII. There are 143,859 Characters in the Unicode 13.0 set.

With any Character Map the Characters are listed in HEX order.  Windows has a built in Character Map, but there is one that is easier to use and can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store for Free:  It is called Character Map UWP.

There are also several Web Pages you can visit for the Unicode Table and this is the best one: https://unicode-table.com/en/

Here are some examples:

The Euro Sign is assigned HEX number 20AC  €.  

What to see a bit of Magic:   Open Microsoft Word and type 20AC then Press ALT X.

The 20AC will change to €.

The British Pound Sign £ is assigned HEX 00A3.

The is another way to type the Characters.  Use the Decimal Value the Alt Key and the Number Key pad.   That is how I typed £ on here.    I held down the Alt Key and on the Number Pad I typed 0163 which gave me £.

Enjoy.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

why would you do that? all languages are covered in UTF-8, currently.

• Snezzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The current situation in handling the computer representation of written characters uses the 8-bit byte as the fundamental data element in a standard called Unicode. You should become familiar with it if you are not already. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode

In earlier times a 9-bit byte was common on machines such as the PDP-7, and six bits, 12 bits or some other arrangement have seen some sort of hardware implementation.

Your question about "inspect it mathematically" remains unclear. Two to the 10th power is 1024, but that is a far smaller number of discrete characters than can be expressed in any multi-byte system such as any version of Unicode. Perhaps you can provide an example, or a further explanation of your question, so that we can discover what you are attempting to learn.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.