I have 1938 wedgewood stove that I cook on every day that I want to sell. How do I go about that.?

• kswck2

Depending on the shape it is in, it might be quite valuable. If you can find the serial number on it(assuming it has one) do your homework by researching the model. Wedgewood stoves can be worth in the thousands of dollars. 

Just as you would try to sell anything else. This is an unusual item, and there may not be much interest in it. Turn it into a planter, if you can't sell it.

• Unless you already online sell & ship a lot of stuff (including heavy things), you probably have 2 options. 1) search for vintage appliance stores in your city. You should be able to get a quote from them. 2) use a local selling app. I’ve had amazing success with OfferUp. What’s nice about it vs. Craig’s List is that all communication is in-app so you don’t share any personal information until you decide to have someone come check it out. Usually people are 100% ready to buy, make you an offer and come right away.

You should spend some time now researching prices. A quick Google search gave a pretty major range. It will help you to find your exact stove in similar condition. And since you will be selling locally, don’t forget that different markets can have very different pricing.

• abdul

That could be a valuable antique. There are several sites that buy and sell those old stoves. My wife was given one several years ago, and we put it online to sell and she got 2000 bucks for it.

Try Craigslist.  The weight and cost of shipping will restrict this to a local sale. And your market will be tiny. Someone restoring an old house that wants a 1930s kitchen will probably love it. No one else will be interested.