Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Do you think nonnatural color hair (pink, purple,  blue, green) is professional in the workplace?

56 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Does it affect how well you do your job? No. I had a job in my early 20s and at the time I had pillarbox red dyed hair, didn't stop me from doing my job. However some companies may be against employing someone like that if the job entails dealing with the public and having to present a professional appearance. Some places don't care about the colour of your hair. It really depends on the potential employer and what their views/rules are. 

• 4 weeks ago

It really depends on what field you are working in. It also depends on the job that you applying for.

• 4 weeks ago

Never. They cannot be natural at workplace. 

• 4 weeks ago

It's not offensive but it wouldn't be professional in my opinion because some people might see past it and let your work speak for itself but other might judge you because of it. Just make sure its okay with your boss first because if they don't like it and you dye it you're gonna have to dye it back to your natural color.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Probably not if the workplace is stuffy and conservative, let's say a law firm. To be honest, I don't think most people care nowadays. Also, if the person is well groomed and has no weight issues, I don't see how there would be a problem.

• 4 weeks ago

it depends on the personality,profession & attitude.suppose a professional hair salon worker may use color hair for attraction of customers.a tv reporter or news presenter may also do the same.a corporate officer may do it for gaining  a new look to family members or colleagues.

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

It all depends on where the person works...........professional - NO WAY!  

• 1 month ago

Not particularly no, in a factory setting it would be fine, as a Dr or in an office environment no.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What work place?  Retail, restaurants it is normal. I have seen it on nurses and staff in hospitals.  It would need to be a conservative professional job.  Lawyer, Newscasters. Some area of business. 

• 1 month ago

Depends on how woke and PC the company is. Places like Starbucks and Whole Foods, yes. But is it professional? No.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.