Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

Tesco scraps one way system and lets more customers in the store have shops finally got the message?

People are not going to queue outside in the rain and they are losing custom. People are walking away and shopping online. 

Favorite Answer

The usual Supermarket I visit didn't have this 'one way system', so when I went to Tesco in April, I broke all the rules, not realising that there were arrows on the floor and did my usual, meander up and down & backtracking that most people do in food shops with layouts your not familiar with.  Virtually everyone gave me 'dirty looks' and the staff too, though not one person approached me and pointed out their 'system'.  I suppose they hoped my 'crystal ball/telepathy' was working!  It was very stressful being treated like a 'Leper' and I didn't return.  Their loss.

• Ludwig

Don't know.   I live near six better supermarkets than my nearest Tesco.

I didn't know it was one way, I just ambled around.

Apparently shoppers have not got the message that the disease is serious. 

lets make tesco like Arizona, covid19 epicentre, cheaper than a tin of beans LOL

Morrisons where I live and shop only really have a one-way system through the last two aisles.  It's possible to back-track to pick up something missed without any problem.  They appear to have stopped the 'one out, one in' system they had after the first day 'scrum'.  People won't queue outside in the rain?   Pathetic.

Ever noticed that the dairy section and bakery section are as far apart as possible in Tesco? This is to make you run backwards and forwards across the store in the hope that you will spot other stuff to buy and fill your basket. Nobody took any notice of the direction signs in my store as that is not how people shop. Limiting the numbers was right when the infection rate is high but it was only ever going to be a temporary measure - although not allowing whole families in to buy a tin of beans is something they should keep.

The only store that was doing it sensibly was Waitrose, they only allowed in 1 person per household (+ necessary carer). One-way systems are a nightmare if you forget something or can't find where they have put it. However, if its back to hordes of shoppers and kids running amok around the aisles for no reason, then even more people will order online.