Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysValentine's Day · 3 weeks ago

What should I do, get him a present or not?

Me and and my soon to be husband are in long distance at the moment due to work. We will be living together in a few months. Anyway for my birthday he didn’t get me anything, I was crushed to be honest but I didn’t make a big deal out of it considering Valentine’s Day was just around the corner. He didn’t get me anything for Valentine’s Day either 🙁. He felt really bad when my package arrived with his Valentine’s Day gift, but still he was reminded of the special day and I had been talking about it for ages. So I just don’t understand why he wouldn’t get me anything... anyway his birthday is in a month should I send him something or let him know how it feels. I love making him feel special so I don’t know if I have it in my heart to do that, especially considering how embarrassed I was when everyone asked me what I got for my b’day and Valentine’s and I just had to make something up. So anyway should I send him something special or will I just seem stupid and he will never learn? I don’t want to not get him anything because he didn’t but still like if he really felt bad he could have made it up to me or something and never did.

• Cammie

You should send a card even a small gift to show the right thing to do in this situation.

• martin

He must be aware he's not big on cards and gifts, so don't send him anything yourself, but try to be like him regarding cards and gifts.

It's not Valentine's Day. But just my two cents. You're not going to "change" this person or get any more gifts in the future than you are now. It's an unequal relationship and if that's what you want, that's what you'll get.