Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 1 month ago

Me and my husband have insurance through the government health care website..?

 I just found out that I overestimated our income and we do not make enough to qualify for it in our state of Alabama.  

Does this mean we have to pay back all of the tax credit we received which is a lot and will we lose our coverage? Thanks in advance!

2 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    If you were not entitled to it, yes.  You will have to pay back every cent, promptly, or face garnishment and high interest rates.

  • 1 month ago

    You should get a deduction if it makes you eligible for subsidies. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.