Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 4 weeks ago

Anyone else surprised at the houses chosen on "My Lottery Dream Home"?

What surprises me most is how they usually have very little property/space between neighbors.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • G R
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No not really.  Most of the people winning aren't winning 10's of millions of dollars.  Usually they are winning just a million, which don't get me wrong a million is a lot BUT they need to be able to afford the house they buy.  The bigger the house, the more land.... the more property taxes, water...... insurance they have to pay.  Also now days, from what i understand, because people are living longer you are going to need at least a million+++ even to retire or live into old age.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

True....everyone has their own priorities in home ownership but I agree. Money can buy privacy so that would be where I would spend part of my budget as well.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not everyone wants to have a garden or do yardwork.   Not everyone wants to pay the property tax on the land either.    Many people dream of living in a top floor loft with an amazing view in a large urban city.

Different people value different things.    This really shouldn't be a surprising concept.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.