Would a glass of wine make you drunk?

So I never drank before and I wanna know how much wine will make me drunk so I can avoid it.

12% alcohol

Medium glass

Favorite Answer

Since you are alcohol-naive (a medical term, not an insult) assume that merely sniffing a cork will affect you. Do you remember the t-v commercials "buzzed driving equals drunk driving?" It will affect you, and the people here giving you formulas about ounces and metabolism are useless poser buttholes.

Generally it will not make you drunk.

• kswck2

From your last 4 questions you haven't a clue about alcohol, so instead of asking open ended questions about it, why don't you study up on alcohol, what it does, how strong it is, etc. 

• ted

It depends on your personal tolerance for alcohol.  A glass of wine would make me drunk. 

There is some wine that's like tch one cup will make you laugh. It's not just the alcohol

• A.J.

What is your approximate weight and height?

Wine is about 11% alcohol, some more and some less.

At about 5 ounces liquid to a typical serving in the USA, you should notice an effect on two or three glasses and four glasses makes an average adult legally drunk.

Each serving is about 0.02 BAC

https://checkupandchoices.com/bac-levels-and-detai...

Typically, one serving an hour is metabolized.