Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

How do I get my BF to propose?

I love my BF but at the same time I don't want to stay with him forever unless he proposes. I know it sounds shallow but I've done a lot for him and all I would like is some extra love. Even no marriage is fine but at least being engaged. 

• RP

Do the two of you communicate and, if so, discuss what you see in your respective futures, as well as what kind of future you would like together? If not, maybe you should start.

• Tj

Why pull some garbage to get married. If he wanted to, he would have already asked you.  What kind of marriage do you think you will have in the future if you force him? If he is not feeling it, you will be very sorry.

• Ricky

Do him a favor and leave him. You said it all. Even if you get married with him you will end up divorcing him. A true women will stay with a man forever regardless. 

If you want to know where he really stands, take the bull by the horns and propose to him yourself. You will quickly understand his intentions, or lack of them.

You didn't say how old you both are or how long you've been together. Assuming you're both past your teens and you've been dating a year or so, this is a discussion you both need to have. You don't have to wait for him to bring it up. Ask him what his long term plans are: does he want to marry some day, or is he okay just dating or living together forever? If he wants to marry some day, does he think you may be the one? This isn't to pressure him; it's just to figure out whether you're both on the same page with your plans for the future.

If he's simply not interested in getting married within the next two or three years (or even sooner, if you've already been dating for years), I would move on, if I were you. If marriage is your goal, there's no point wasting time with someone who's not interested.

Have you even discussed marriage with your boyfriend?

Mature adults who are ready for marriage actually communicate and don't want to get engaged for the sake of doing so. Furthermore, you don't "get" him to propose. It has to be something he wants too and is ready for. If you try to force the issue or play that silly, "Well no marriage is fine but at least be engaged" crap he will resent you for it.

You don't need to be engaged to get extra love. An engagement means you plan to get married. And just because you've done stuff for him doesn't mean you're entitled to an engagement or marriage. Seems to me you have a lot of learning and growing up to do.

Do either of you Believe in GOD? How about that GOD did send Jesus here as the Christ to teach us more? 

Only people that Do Beleive in GOD can feel real Love!  

How come you are happy with engaged, yet not married?  You do not seem to be interested in real LOVE!  Why not?