Emalie asked in PetsCats · 4 weeks ago

why does my cat keep meowing and trying to bite my face (hard) when i pet him?

he keeps getting up in my face when i’m trying to work so i decided to lay in the floor and let him climb on me. i was wary doing this because for the past 3 times i’ve done this he’s bitten me nearly to the point of breaking the skin and always leaving marks. 

i start petting him and i think it’s going to be fine, until he looks at me and starts meowing loudly in my face. i manage to block him right before he chomps down on my lip and chin with my hand. he then bites and claws my hand (the one i was petting him with) aggressively. 

the thing is he’s the one demanding the attention. he’s got everything he needs, and he even manages to leave the house when he really wants. yet when i’m being as gentle as ever with him and just giving him what he wants he gets ridiculously aggressive towards me. 

he’s about 12 now, has had his fair share of near death experiences and adventures. is this something i should be worried about?

I'm guessing his behavior is partly territorial or sexual in nature.  

• k w

ask a vet...............

take him to the vet.

animals can also sense things so I would also make an appointment for yourself for a check up.