Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 4 weeks ago

can i eat chicken after reheating it twice?

this may sound like a dumb question but i cooked 2 frozen chicken breasts in the oven, i ate some straight away and then saved the rest in the fridge to put in some fried rice a few hours later. i made the fried rice with the chicken and i planned to put the leftovers of the meal in the fridge, but since this chicken was already heated up once does this mean i can’t heat up the rice again? 

Update:

also if it turns out i can’t reheat it, is it safe to eat it cold?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

You can def rehear the rice again 

• 4 weeks ago

You can reheat it.

• 4 weeks ago

You can reheat it.  I often have a soup or stew or other meal that is heated 2 or 3 times before it is gone. (I usually try to portion the leftovers so that I am heating only what I will eat at one time but If I have family over and we are doing a meal of leftovers it can happen that there is more than what will be consumed at 1 time. 

Just heat it properly, if you have leftovers cool rapidly and store properly. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I am a cook in a soup kitchen and we have to follow the local Board of health recommendations, which say that you can only reheat ONCE, then the food must be discarded. 

But realistically in the home, you can reheat as much as you wish, but for things like chicken, it will get hard and dried out. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You can re-heat chicken, or any kind of meat, as many times as you want. It will become very dry and tough though.

Please tell me you’re not seriously asking if it's okay to eat cold chicken!

• IvaB
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

Either way,hot or cold is safe to eat.

• 4 weeks ago

If you really want to. Knock yourself out. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Yes you can reheat it multiple times.   It's completely fine.

Keep in mind each time you reheat it you're cooking it a bit more so it may change the texture.   It's one of the reasons leftover chicken often ends up in the soup pot or a saucy casserole...where texture doesn't matter quite so much.  

• Anton
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Cold or reheated, no problem.

• 4 weeks ago

Heat and enjoy. The only problem is that you don't want to refreeze it after a second reheating.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.