Are there any jobs that fit this saying, “do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life.”?

I worked many jobs and I can’t tell from my experience, all jobs are crap! I don’t know which jobs this quote is talking about. I don’t love work and I know many don’t too. We only work for the money. If someone was gonna pay me $600 monthly to stay home, I’d accept it gladly. 

Favorite Answer

That's the problem with memes--they only SOUND good most of the time. "Do what you love" is an old one that is honestly not true for about 99 percent of the workforce. We can't ALL 'do what we love.'  It's just a fact of life. Doing what you love doesn't mean you aren't working--just that your work, if you love it, isn't like WORK. 

The reason that meme even exists is to motivate people to search for something they are happy doing--BUT that doesn't have to be WORK. I was like you when I was employed--I went to my job because there were small satisfactions, I was good at it, and it paid well. But my eyes were on the future when work was no longer necessary. Now I AM doing what I love--and that doesn't include a job. (I'm retired). But that took more than 50 years to achieve. 

No, we're not all Bill Gates. We're not all Elon Musk. We probably DON'T do what we love. But we tolerate what we don't so we can be ourselves AFTER work, and when we stop working. That's where the real happiness lies--not in job satisfaction, but in being happy DESPITE dissatisfaction or obstacles.  And being happy is not in external things--it's internal.  We don't all have to have a "passion". We can still be happy without that. 

<>be content with the people,they also want ot make happy about money.

• Erik

Sure, anything people enjoy doing.  A doctor or a vet, a movie director, rock star, a professional surfer, photographer of nude women.  The problem is those jobs are in high demand, and require extra training/skills.  Jobs that are easy to get, however, typically are boring and unpleasant, and don't pay very well.

Museum curator, jewelry designing & making (but not the selling part of it).  Took me a very long time to get the museum curator job and to get into jewelry designing & making.  Never thought I'd ever do it when I was young.  My field of education was completely different, although, in later years, I did receive the education/instruction I needed to do the kind of work I love.  Some people love teaching and others love entertaining.  Do you have a talent?

No.                  

Whatever you love fits that saying.

Apparently, what you love is staying home, and if you can find a job doing that, then you'll never work a day in your life.

But for someone who loves doing something that someone will pay them to do, that is what fits the saying.

Pro sports are like that.

I got a job as a marketing photographer when I would just show up to the events in a small town and take pictures anyway for fun. The marketing company that puts on most of the events as a way to provide advertising space (a parade float with a banner saying "this float sponsored by Bob's used cars" or something like that) found me through my social media and gave me a real job. I said at the interview "hell, I'd be doing it if you paid me or not!"

There's tons of jobs like that. Cooks, mechanics, and many others are tasks people would be doing if they got paid or not. The stereotype of the artist I think is wrong. I don't think being a painter or musician as a job would be fun. The way it tends to go is someone comes up big like Korn ( I know, I know) singing about how hard life is. But once they become happy millionaire rockstars, it becomes less fun and a real job to manage a company, a band is a company. The branding of Korn was hardcore mean tough rock... etc. Just as the branding of Li'll Debbie Snack cakes is whatever it is. That becomes the work, keeping up the branding. 

Very few people love their jobs. But they all arent crap either. Except for a stupid punk like you.