Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

My gf is upset at me because I answered "divorce" to an adult quiz game question "some things only married couples do". Am I wrong?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No.  You can only have a divorce if the couple is married so you are correct.  Your gf should not be upset.

• boj
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The only people who are able to divorce are married people so no you are not wrong.

• D50
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Good answer. Is your GF this boring and humorless all the time? She doesn't sound like much fun at all.

• Tj
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Time for a new GF.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Seems like a pretty witty, correct answer to me. It's the kind of thing I'd say, but then I'm a divorce lawyer so I encounter it a lot. Anyway, your girlfriend is probably upset because she thinks you're cynical and she wants to believe that all stories have a happy, fairytale ending. I wouldn't be upset at my boyfriend for that. It's reality.

• 4 weeks ago

I can't think of anything else that ONLY married couples can attempt. Although can married couples divorce?  If they divorce they aren't married ( any more ) a question of semantics.  She is upset because no one WANTS to think about divorce before being married.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You had the answer.  Maybe she's upset because she couldn't come up with an answer.

• 4 weeks ago

I think your answer was quite funny. Ask her to explain why she got upset.

• 4 weeks ago

You aren't at all. Try explaining that you were just answering the question and isn't indicative of your relationship (assuming that's why she's upset). Ask her if anything else is upsetting her, too; if she's upset over that, she may have gotten signals from you that your relationship isn't going well. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

How can you divorce someone you haven't married?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.