URGENT CHEMISTRY HELP PLEASE?!!?

Question 2: Chemical Equations (12 points)

a. Write 2-3 sentences to describe and identify the type of reaction that occurs between potassium carbonate (K2CO3) and nitric acid (HNO3). (2 points)

I think its a neutralization reaction

b. Write the balanced chemical equation for the conversion of potassium carbonate and nitric acid into the products of the reaction as described in (a). (3 points)

I got K2CO3 + 2HNO3 --> 2KNO3 + H2O + CO2

c. In the process of photosynthesis, a plant uses water and carbon dioxide to make glucose (C6H12O6) and oxygen. Write 2–3 sentences to describe and identify the type of reaction that occurs in photosynthesis. (2 points)

I have no idea.

d. Write 2–3 sentences to describe and identify the type of reaction that occurs when water is formed from its elements. (2 points)

I have no idea.

e. Write the balanced chemical equation for the reaction described in (e). (3 points)

I think theyre reffering to part C or D but I'm not sure

Favorite Answer

(a) Correct.

(b) Correct.

(c) The reaction is called synthesis. A more complex substance (the glucose) is made from simpler components.

(d) This is also synthesis. The water is the more complex substance. It's all relative because in (c) the water was one of the less complex reactants.

(e) Here's photosynthesis:

6CO2 + 6H2O ---> C6H12O6 + 6O2.

You can do the water equation, it's pretty easy.