DUE DATE VS CLOSING DATE?

Credit Card Payment Question

Due date is 7/11

Closing Date is 7/14

Credit Limit is $500Pending amount $418I am a young college student who has had a credit card for four months and ive used it in those four months spending more than $2000 always paying everything on time. I recently bought some something worth $418 and it is still pending to be processed. Since the due date is tomorrow, I just paid the $418 to the pending $418. Will that be recored as an early payment? I always pay every time it says current balance but since the $418 has not processed, the current balance has been $0. Just wondering what will happen during this type of scenario. I know they say to always stay under 30% of your credit line before the due date and closing date and ive always stayed at 0%. It is just that in this case, the purchase never finished pending. Any credit experts that can tell me what will happen, because from my understating, I paid what I used as credit so I should be fine right?

• Eva

They don't record or report anything as an early payment.  Paying something off immediately that has not appeared on a statement yet does nothing for your credit.

it might mean you have to pay it by the 14th

Payments are never recorded as "early".  They only record whether they are on time or late, and how late if they are late.  If they are not late, then they just record that they were on time, and do not record whether they were early or not.

You should stay under 30% ALWAYS, not just the due date and closing date.