Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 1 month ago

Why is it that the scientific advancements of the last 25 years are so unimpressive compared to those of the preceding 25 years?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Dixon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Actually I think they have been more impressive. The years that we haven't matched are mb 1905 to 1960 for Special Relativity, General Relativity and the story of Quantum Mechanics and QED. Firstly, I don't expect any advancement can ever match those years because we went  from reasonable intuitive classical models to science fiction and then magic. But specifically the last 25 years have been hampered by the energy levels needed to make new advances in particle physics.

• 4 weeks ago

What is it that you feel is impressive?

Are you really aware of the advancements of either of the periods you mention?

• 1 month ago

Mapping the human genome was completed in 2003.  You are a troll and not a very smart one at that.

• Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Over half of the scientists that have ever lived are still alive today!

That, and peer-reviewed scientific publications.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I will give you  one that may be a very important. They can now make vaccines for viruses using genetic technology rather than egg cultures. There is also the advances in detecting and treating cancer. How about this one. We can now reuse rockets that lift payloads to the ISS and have them land safely. 

I know, you will say those are technology but technology is just the application of science for useful things.

• qrk
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Really? Apparently you haven't been designing for 25 years. Take a look at cell phone communication, FPGAs, genetic engineering, some of the purpose-built ICs.

• 1 month ago

I don't know - because you don't keep up?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.