How the hell did they expect me to get there?

I interviewed for a job over a month ago. The guy said he was "probably going to" hire me, and then I didn't hear from him again until yesterday, when he sent me a message on Indeed. The message was sent at 11AM, asking to meet for a 2nd interview at 3:30PM. By this point, I was well into the workday at my current job (the one I'm looking to leave) and it was impossible for me to leave. The interviewer knows I have this job since we already interviewed once, and he has a paper copy of my resume AND he has my Indeed resume (that's where I initially applied). How the hell did he expect me to make it?

He just wasn't thinking.  Let him know at what time you are off work and can make it any day after that time.

Maybe he thought you could get away for a bit?

he was not bothered to check how u can make it to interview, this is none of his concern. u could either make it or contact him and tell him sorry, u can not make it because u re at work and can he reschedule. u give yourself way too much significance. remember  NOBODY CARES WHETHER U LIVE OR DIE