WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR ME TO DO THIS WHEN DRIVING?

Would it be possible for me to do this when driving? Would it be possible for me to be for instance driving in 5th gear then release the accelerator, brake to the required speed for the gear then depress the clutch and go from 5th gear to 2nd gear then release the clutch until Biting Point balancing clutch with accelerator?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • MJT209
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, so long as you slow down enough, going into second won't hurt anything, if you were still at 5th gear speeds the engine would rev really high if you went into second.

It's only like pulling up at the lights, lots of people don't go through the gears as you are meant to, they just slow down enough to go straight back into first.

• CB
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You can go down into any gear you like as long as you have adjusted the speed accordingly. Using the tranny to slow you down is not necessary (unless going down a long steep hill), and puts additional stresses on the drive train. Much cheaper to use brakes in most cases.

• 4 weeks ago

That's how to wear out gear syncronizer rings! Buy an automatic if you don't want to learn how to drive stick correctly.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.