Is there a way to reset an IPad 2nd gen?

I have an IPad Mini 2nd Gen that my moms boyfriend used that had his Apple ID linked to it. The Apple store won’t restore it unless we have proof that it is our iPad (we bought it when it first came out) and we no longer have the receipt of purchase. So is there any way that I can go about factory resetting it without needing the Apple ID password it requests when I try to factory reset it on the iPad itself.

• Lv 7

Apple passwords are notoriously difficult to bypass. even the USGOV's hackers couldn't crack them!

your best bet is to scrap it and get a new one. and KEEP THAT RECEIPT! i would even scan it into your computer, or take a picture of it.

• David

Unfortunately no-one, not even apple will be able to reset an icloud locked iPad. This is part of Apple's security measures. You will need to get your Mums BF to unlock the iPad then sign out and erase it before you can use it