Bill asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

What's a good reason to take your kids to drag queen story hour?

• Mandy

You want someone to read a story to them.  Children who are read to, learn to read quicker and learn to have a love for reading.  It also helps to expand their vocabulary.  Kids couldn’t care less that they’re drag queens.  Kids love to play dress up, by the way.

Do they have a good rapport with the intended audience? Are they good at telling stories in a fun and engaging way that will entertain kids? If yes then I have no problem with taking my kids to storytime that's being led by drag queens.  

• User

To show them one of the sorts of people that they should avoid.

To tiny children, the person reading the story is just somebody in a costume reading a story. They couldn't care less whether the person in the princess dress sits or stands to urinate. They just enjoy the story, the other children, the trip to the library. Maybe you can't help but sexualize the idea of "that's a MAN in that princess dress," but little children don't think like you, aren't uncomfortable with it like you are.

So you're asking the wrong question. The question is "Why am I so uncomfortable with the idea of a man wearing a dress that I'd deprive my child of story hour?" 

To learn that fairies are real.

• TB12

How would it be any different than taking them to see any other clown reading children's books.

You don't want grand-kids

The state should take your children away. 

To give them nightmares. 

They'd get to see their grandpa...