What do veterans think of this rhetoric by the anti-military?

that young men die in wars commanded by old men hiding in warm bunkers.

I think they are right, but since draft is no longer implemented, I think those who died knew the risks. So, I don't agree. 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • TB12
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Other ways I've heard it,,,

"Old men start the wars that young men die in."

"Old men pick the fights and send the young men to fight them".

"In times of peace sons bury their fathers, in times of war fathers bury their sons".

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Who or what is the “anti-military”?  

• John
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

there has never been a draft legally applied to american citizens.

and war is rarely applied on a casual "planned way". wars usually start accidently. even if YOUR ship got blown out of the water its usually purely accident by THIER side even if heghtened tensions on BOTH or ALL sides really get things going.

These immaginary war senarios are usually caused by girls in the classroom being disruptive as they will be.

its best to step back and take a break from that hot kat since you'll find more calmness in this old world than old men lazing about cause.

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The overall concept is true, the front line troops are the ones who pay the price for the decisions made by those in protected ivory towers.  But that is a known going in, not much different then Pelosi in her walled, gated fortress, advising those in the inner city, how to live by social distancing.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • martin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Still, war is like that.  How can the old men fight?  They are thinkers and analyzers.  War is a last resort when negotiations fail.

• John W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Up until Trump the military always knew the commander in chief had their backs. But Trump has shown time and again that he doesn't care what happens to them.

• 1 month ago

Lions led by donkeys 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is what it is. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.