Rightman asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 weeks ago

Do you think the pub restaurant and leisure industry will ever recover?

I don't.  People during lockdown have worked out how much they fritter in normal times and it ain't worth it.

I'd rather ride round aimlessly on my Jawa.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

There maybe some justice in the coronavirus as to what was going on in the restaurant industry just prior to the pandemic. Young people for kicks were spitting in the food they served in the eateries they were working and it was becomeing popular.

• 4 weeks ago

I think a great many restaurants and maybe pubs without enough outside space to accommodate a significant number of people may not.  Most should do their best.   If only the general public would use some common sense, but that's been in short supply for decades now since we started living in a Nanny Society.

• 4 weeks ago

Don't worry. Those are our basic necessary. They can recover but have to be transform to other business models. For example, restaurant would be turned into take-away services only; leisure has to be connected to the internet.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

before covid19 pubs and restaurants have been in decline for decades.    

elderly population increased, showing true patriotic colours they reduced spending, this starves a capitalist cycle and the economy.    

under thatcher and conservatives, far right greedy slum landlords boomed, creating a rental generation, after paying rip of britain rents, are left with no disposable income to help the economy.  

you could not make it up

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

If the government subsidises beer drinking properly.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

some Pubs are already Bankrupt and Owing wages those are Gone

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Not until there's a vaccine and it might be too late for some by then

• Robert
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not in many cases.  The buffet style places will never reopen in that form. Gone are salad bars.  There will be no more breakfasts buffets at the motels.  Bars have largely contributed to second waves of virus so it's doubtful that the old pubs will be the same.  Alcohol and large groups of people simply isn't a good idea any more.  Restaurants were always a difficult business model and now only the very strongest ones will survive.  

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I don't drink. I like to go out once a week to a restaurant and try new food. I love going gym, swimming, yoga, tennis and badminton so I will definitely carry on my membership with my local leisure center. I don't go to the cinema anymore because I have Netflix but I do enjoy going to the theater once in a while.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

No many pubs and restaurants will never open again and for some it's not worth while if they can only have half their customers. Thousands of jobs are being lost and for what?.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.