Just got an email from yahoo saying that I have to update my account by July 15, 2020. Is this a hack?

• Sharon
    Favorite Answer

That is a phishing scam. Ignore and delete it. This is how to identify legitimate Yahoo websites, requests, and communications: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2091.html

how come did not get one? perhaps you got scam email .some trying to get you

crackers love cheese

The answer is a definite yes. Scam messages that request you to "upgrade" your email account must be ignored and deleted immediately. Never click on the attachment in the message of you'll risk unleashing malware on your computer or mobile device. Remember Yahoo would never send you unsolicited emails asking for your personal information.

l got the same today and l going to delete it

• SOT3

It is a scam. If you look at the details of the header, it is not from Yahoo at all.

SCAM...I've been getting similar for months now.  Make it as spam and for heavens sake don't click on anything in that email.